Follow @AbsSportsTopics

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Superbowl Strategy

So the Superbowl is right around the corner and both the Giants and Patriots are getting ready for the big game. I am not a huge Patriots fan but I read an interesting article on ESPN. The Patriots took a simulated Superbowl break during yesterday's practice. Which I though was pretty interesting. The usual halftime break during games is about fifth-teen minutes. But with the Superbowl having a halftime show, it is going to be about thirty minutes.  Which thirty minutes do not sound like a lot for the body to cool down but it is just enough time for a player to get relaxed. With a longer halftime, both teams need to bring up the energy level just a bit more. Like I stated earlier, I am not a huge fan of the Patriots but Bill Belichick is a smart coach and he plans very well. I think this is smart strategy to get his team ready for the Superbowl. I have posted the link to read about this unique Superbowl practice.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7531827/2012-nfl-playoffs-new-england-patriots-take-halftime-practice-break

No comments:

Post a Comment