Follow @AbsSportsTopics

Monday, February 13, 2012

Best PG?

Jeremy Lin was the talk of the NBA last week. ESPN had a poll question ask who was the best PG in the NBA. People could vote for Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose and yes Jeremy Lin. Don't get me wrong, Jeremy Lin has played amazing basketball this past week but I think it is still too soon for him to be getting compared to PG's such as Rondo, Paul and Rose. 

The poll results showed that Derrick Rose was considered as the best PG in the NBA. Now I think Derrick Rose is the best scoring PG in the NBA. But best PG overall???? I don't think so. When I think of great PG's, I think of John Stockton and Jason Kid (early in his career), and Steve Nash. If you were to look at the career stats of all the PG's mentioned, the PG with the lowest assist per game is Derrick Rose. 

I think that PG's are meant to get their team mates involved. They are there to make their team mates look better. Derrick Rose is just a great scoring PG in my opinion. From that ESPN poll, I consider Rondo and Paul as the top PG's in the game. They both know how to get their team involved in the game and they are great facilitators. They are always in the top of the NBA in assists. Jeremy Lin if he continues playing the way he is and gets his team mates involved, he will be considered as one of the top PG's in the NBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment